I need your help; your subjective opinion - is it fun? Can it be more fun with more work? Is it bankrupt? Is the core mechanic ideas worth pursuing?
If enough of you think it is, then I'll keep going. If not, then I'll park it and move on.
DOWNLOAD HERE unzip and run the Cloudship exe.
What I am trying to achieve
I want a game where you build a base and go exploring with it while fighting off enemies. Eventually there will be quests and a story of sorts and little people moving around on the Cloudship.
How to give feedback
If you have a Lack-Of account, here is great. If you have a lapsed one, get in touch, I'll fix it. If you'd like one then let's have a chat. Otherwise, use whatever social media you like!
Things I'm not worried about yet
I'm not fussed about bugs (unless it fails to run). If I continue with Cloudship, they'll get sorted eventually and not in this order.
- Exploring is largely pointless right now
- Not enough buildings/flotsam/bases/enemy variety/environment variety
- Key bindings
- Art style and graphics (next phase)
- Load/Save (needs improving)
- Houses do nothing
- You have to guess which buildings are which (this will need an update to the controller, phase 2)
- Difficult to see wind direction when there are no clouds
- Not enough different sounds
- Menus are ugly
- Low framerates
Edit! Here's a video I made during a spare hour today. Come see myself make a fool of... myself.
Thank you everyone. You've always been very helpful in times past.