I'm like Pete, I like to have some goals and then compare every so often. In 2015, I gained a new hobby that has successfully scratched my itch for flying, which is ace as I can sneak out for a few hours, be in the fresh air and spend time with geeks. There is also something to spend my meagre pocket money on.
- Play fewer computer games during the week. Save it for playing with friends. GTA V/Trove/etc have been great fun with Big R and EMW and I get a big kick out of them. All other games have left me cold, being too grindy. I'll still kick over a bit of MC, which I still enjoy.
- Release Icar Fleet Setting. It's so close now, I can taste it. I have even done the front cover, which pulled out all the stops. It'll get done in 2016
- Play Icar once a week. Has been OK on Roll20 but I do miss face to face gaming in a big way. I don't want to set up or fracture the group, so I will have to just live with it.
(I'd also like to release the deep space setting because it's 70% written already! It's not as big as the Fleet Setting. The only thing that'll stop me is that I'll still be playing the sodding thing!)
- Go to a national race (not compete).
- Go to the national expo (I enjoyed it this year)
- Build a second quad, I need a spare in case I total mine. I can do it much cheaper second time around and I want to build a smaller one I can fly in smaller spaces.
I want to find a place to fly during the week near my new job (Green Park) should be doable, not really a resolution, just a thing.
- Finish my novel. I have the ending. I have 78,000 words. It needs a fat edit.
- Write 250 words a day. I think I can do this. This year.
Edit - inspired by Pete's Strava insert, here's the one I keep in Google Spreadsheets. The first one is the whole year, the blue line is 250 words a day cumulative.
This one should update based on the daily progress. The Icar blog post put me way over target.
Go out more. Simple as that. Get organised.
Beyond all that, I need to settle into my new job and start earning my wage. I want to reduce my overdraft but with Kate's therapy course (and her physio and driving lessons) and my dental work, it's been nigh-on impossible. More dental work is on the way (there's always something) but hopefully we can manage our cash better. There should be slack in the accounts, we just never seem to have any!
We're going to Devon on holiday this year. It'll be a cottage affair but beyond that I have no idea what it'll be about.