I met up with Byrn and Aggro last night for a spot of quad flying on campus. Aggro got pretty good with the Inductrix but sadly Byrn was seeing blurry-vision through the goggles. Aggro was interested in what needed to be got, so here's the list of some tried and tested kit. I've grouped the stuff together. I'm stealing a bit from this great post here. Prices after the link.
I've linked to the shops I've used before. You might find better prices elsewhere. EMW - please chime in if you have any thoughts on the below!
Going to campus was a bit last-minute else I would have posted up a more general invite. We'll probably go up again next week, I'll post up here with timing.
Stuff that flies
- Airframe: Blade Inductrix BNF 35
- Motors: Upgraded motors (no soldering needed) 18
- Batts: 205mAh batteries (10) 43 - this is a good deal, you get 10!
- Camera: FX797 28. (different to mine, highly recommended, soldering needed).
Stuff you take with you
- Fatshark Dominator V3 245. Don't be tempted by the HDs, they're not as good.
- Taranis 146
- Taranis module for talking to the Inductrix 23
- Lipo fire proof bag 2. For storage, carry and charging.
Stuff that supports you flying
- Charger: Turnigy Reactor 300W 48.
- PSU: Turnigy Reactor 350W 38.
- Balance board (charging more than one batt at a time): Micro Paraboard 7. You can only charge 6 at a time, which is best practise. 6 of mine took 40 minutes today.
Other shit that might come in useful
- Maxpedition Fat Pouch 25.
- Spionet Antennas 28. Get a pair, put one on your goggles and save the other for the inevitable 180. The Dominator goggles come with a reasonable whip antenna but you'll find that you'll get more signal break up in turns.
- Glasses cleaner cloth. Like anyone would use for specs, for cleaning the lens. Comes in really handy.
Things I've not solved yet are a volt meter for the 1s. I am not sure this a problem because you tend to fly until the quad senses low battery and then recharge to storage or up to full.